accessing a javascript variable using IHTMLDocument

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Alf, May 20, 2004.

  1. Alf

    Alf Guest

    Hi,

    I have the IHTMLDocument2 interface set up for a web page in an MFC VC++
    prog.
    eg

    IHTMLDocument2* pHTMLDocument2;
    hr = pMC->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument2,
    (void**)&pHTMLDocument2 );

    The page contains:
    var variable_name = "variable data";
    within a <SCRIPT> tag.
    Is there a straightforward way to return the value of the variable_name
    using the interface?

    Of course I know I can do a hard-coded search using, say, 'c' char
    functions, but I just wondered...

    TIA

    BTW
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum - please redirect me as appropriate.
    Alf, May 20, 2004

  2. Alf

    kaeli Guest

    kaeli, May 20, 2004