accessing a password protected site by passing the username and pa

Rickard

OK. I have the need on a form submit to pass the data to anther system that
require a login and password only I want to automate the process in an server
side asp file and then process the response. I am having the form submit
pass a users ss # and name to an asp file, I want that asp file to pass that
info on to my "verifying" site along with the username and password for that
"verification" site.
Is there some way in asp to access a url and include the username and
password to that other site in the url? something like

https://[email protected]?ssn=111111111&name=someGuy:<username>:<password>

Roland Hall

in message
:
: https://[email protected]?ssn=111111111&name=someGuy:<username>:<password>
:
It's nice to see you're doing this on an SSL connection but you can only
send it on the URL if it accepts it that way but then they may be checking
the referer against the server name to keep people from posting remotely.

Passing the name and password on the URL is no longer supported except with
FTP unless the developer allows for it but I doubt they would accept that in
plain text, even with an SSL connection.

FirstPay (online merchant) accepts information, similarly, but they require
a MD5 checksum of various things. So, it just all depends on the site.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

BenM

I have done something similar to this before. What worked for me in this
scenario was to name my form elements the same as the form elements that the
post-to page is listening for. Then, simply make your action property of the
form point to the URL outside of your site.

So, the user will fill out a form on your site, which will then post to a
URL outside your site. So, when the form processor receives my post, it is
requesting form elements with a particular name, which are named the same as
the ones it is used to expecting.