    Is there some way in asp to access a url and include the username and
    password to that other site in the url? something like

    https://?ssn=111111111&name=someGuy:<username>:<password>

    Rickard, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Rickard

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Rickard" wrote in message
    news:...
    : OK. I have the need on a form submit to pass the data to anther system
    that
    : require a login and password only I want to automate the process in an
    server
    : side asp file and then process the response. I am having the form submit
    : pass a users ss # and name to an asp file, I want that asp file to pass
    that
    : info on to my "verifying" site along with the username and password for
    that
    : "verification" site.
    :
    : https://?ssn=111111111&name=someGuy:<username>:<password>
    :
    It's nice to see you're doing this on an SSL connection but you can only
    send it on the URL if it accepts it that way but then they may be checking
    the referer against the server name to keep people from posting remotely.

    Passing the name and password on the URL is no longer supported except with
    FTP unless the developer allows for it but I doubt they would accept that in
    plain text, even with an SSL connection.

    FirstPay (online merchant) accepts information, similarly, but they require
    a MD5 checksum of various things. So, it just all depends on the site.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Rickard

    BenM Guest

    I have done something similar to this before. What worked for me in this
    scenario was to name my form elements the same as the form elements that the
    post-to page is listening for. Then, simply make your action property of the
    form point to the URL outside of your site.

    So, the user will fill out a form on your site, which will then post to a
    URL outside your site. So, when the form processor receives my post, it is
    requesting form elements with a particular name, which are named the same as
    the ones it is used to expecting.

    BenM, Jan 27, 2005