    here?

    Thanks in advance
    Gopalkrishna
    Gopi, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Gopi

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:21:52 +0530, "Gopi" <> wrote:

    ¤ Hi all,
    ¤ I need to find the size of a file which is located on a remote unix box.I
    ¤ have been given Samba mount acces for the shared folder through which i can
    ¤ access the file. I am using Fileinfo object to find the attributes of the
    ¤ file.When i use the Fileinfo object from a console application everything
    ¤ seems to be working fine,but when i use it from a web application it throws
    ¤ a
    ¤ "FILE NOT FOUND" exception. Does anybody have any clue what's going wrong
    ¤ here?

    IIS and ASP.NET use a different mechanism in order to determine the account under which the process
    thread executes. By default, the account used is ASPNET for Windows 2000 and NetworkService for
    Windows 2003 Server.

    If you enable impersonation (with Basic authentication) for your web app you can delegate
    credentials to the remote resource. You can also delegate credentials with Integrated Windows
    authentication using Kerberos. You will also want to reference the remote file via the UNC path.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...y/en-us/vsent7/html/vxconaspnetdelegation.asp

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)