Accessing Active Directory

Diego F.

I'm trying to access Active Directory from my ASP.NET application to get
address books. Firstly I want to get the address from the connected user. I
found some code, but I get an error:

rootEntry = New DirectoryEntry("LDAP://RootDSE")

contextPath = rootEntry.Properties("defaultNamingContext").Value.ToString()

The error: "the specified domain either does not exist or could not be
catched".

Should I provide any info to access the AD? It could be a security error.

--

Regards,

Diego F.

Guest

Probably a Security Issue.
I doubt the ASPNET account has the ability to Query your AD.

I've gotten around this by having the application impersonate a Service
Account on the Domain (see aspnet_setreg)

Diego F.

I've gotten around this by having the application impersonate a Service
Account on the Domain (see aspnet_setreg)

Can you please explain that a little more? I'm not sure about what to do.