Accessing ADO.NET Data Controls on a Web Page from custom control at Design Time

Robin Shaw

Hi

I'm building a custom control that requires a SQL Connection. I would like
to be able to display a list of SQL Connection Data Controls on a web page
at design time so the developer can wire up the custom control to a standard
SQL connection data control.

Problem is that the Data controls do not appear in the Page.controls
collection and seem to reside above the Page object of the WebForm.

At design time I can get hold of the page object the custom control is
dropped on.

Does anybody know how to get a handle on the data control objects dropped on
a web form at design time?

Cheers

Robin