Accessing ADO.NET Data Controls on a Web Page from custom control at Design Time

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Robin Shaw, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Robin Shaw

    Robin Shaw Guest

    Hi

    I'm building a custom control that requires a SQL Connection. I would like
    to be able to display a list of SQL Connection Data Controls on a web page
    at design time so the developer can wire up the custom control to a standard
    SQL connection data control.

    Problem is that the Data controls do not appear in the Page.controls
    collection and seem to reside above the Page object of the WebForm.

    At design time I can get hold of the page object the custom control is
    dropped on.

    Does anybody know how to get a handle on the data control objects dropped on
    a web form at design time?

    Cheers

    Robin
    Robin Shaw, Aug 6, 2004