accessing app_code

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Not Me, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Not Me

    Not Me Guest

    Hey,

    Hopefully this is simple..

    I've a public class in app_code, with a public shared sub in it.

    From VS2005, I can access the sub from another page (using
    intellisense) without errors (myCode.mySub(x,y)).

    However, at runtime I get the following error:

    "Compiler Error Message: BC30451: Name 'myCode' is not declared."

    myCode is the name of my class in app_code (myCode.vb)

    If I change the 'protected' or 'shared' syntax from the sub, I get
    different error messages, so this and the fact intellisense works makes
    me wonder why I'm getting that error? I have used exactly the same
    methods elsewhere and been able to access shared functions. (no need to
    import/declare anything elsewhere)

    any tips?

    cheers,
    Chris