    Does any one know how I access an applications cache? Can it even be
    done?

    Thanks!
    Daren, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Hi Daren,

    > I need to update the cache of a third party asp.net application when a
    > user makes a change to a particular table in a SQL Server database (so
    > the changes appear immediately in the browser). I have a trigger on
    > the table that calls a COM wrapper, and inside that are calls to a
    > .net dll.

    if you want to just invalidate the cache whenever you are updating a
    particular table then create the cache with filedependency on
    "someblank.txt" file. Write a trigger that always overwrites this blankfile
    whenever the values in the table is updated.

    also please take a look here
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/nauticaljustin/home/default.aspx?page=articles/SqlCache_Part1

    HTH
    Regards
    Ashish M Bhonkiya

    Ashish M Bhonkiya, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Daren

    daren Guest

    Hi Ashish,

    Thanks for replying.

    I do not have the source code of the asp.net application, so presumably
    I can not link the application cache to a file? Sorry for my ignorance,
    this is all new to me!

    Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

    Many thanks.

    daren, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Daren

    coollzh Guest

    you can not do that way, because your dll and asp.net run in tow defferent
    process, you can not access the memory of asp.net appDomain

    coollzh, Apr 30, 2004
  5. Sorry without the code i cannot help you.

    Ashish M Bhonkiya, May 2, 2004