Accessing ClearCase Mapped Drive using ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Mrunal, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. Mrunal

    Mrunal Guest

    Hi,
    I am trying to access a mapped drive(its a clearcase
    mapped drive) using ASP.NET on win2003 server but am
    getting error as

    execution of the current web request. Please review the
    stack trace for more information about the error and where
    it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException:
    Could not find a part of the path "Y:\".

    Source Error:

    Line 26: void AddNodes(String fpath,String sID)
    Line 27: {
    Line 28: string[] listFiles = AccessFileSystem.GetFiles
    (fpath);

    And i am able to access the drive using stand alone C# app
    running on the same machine
    Thanks
    Mrunal

    Mrunal, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Mrunal

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Drives are mapped for the logged on user only.

    So, something that's mapped for your user account (which you are running the
    WinForms app under) is not mapped for the NT AUTHORITY\Network Service
    account.

    Assuming that you have an appropriate user account running your ASP.NET app
    (ie one that has permissions to remote resources), then you can use a UNC
    path instead (\\server\share)

    Cheers
    Ken

    Ken Schaefer, Nov 16, 2004