Accessing Com- and LPT-Port with ASP.NET

Gerald

hello,

i am developing an intranet-portal and i have to
communicate with the client's hardware (com- and lpt-
ports). is it possible with asp.net or any other method
to do that?

Sreejumon[MVP]

Hi,

ASP.net is mainly for web oriented developement. If you
want to do system level programing you can create
compoennts in c#, VC.net.. Then you can use those
componets in asp.net..some times you may need
impersonaiton. I mean aspnet user cant directly access
soem of the system/network resorces.. If you ahev already
developed unmaneged components you can also refer that
from asp.net..please refer interoperability sections.

Please be more specific while posting question.

Let me know if you have further queries.
Sreejumon[MVP]
Dotnet makes IT happen