Accessing Data

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Mohan Gupta, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Mohan Gupta

    Mohan Gupta Guest

    Hi Friends,

    Is there a way to access data from a website that displays
    its data from a database.

    For example if i visit
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com, and if i search for a book
    on VB.Net, then i would like to access the results of this
    search programatically.

    I am trying to access data which is stored in their
    database.
    Now i can access this data by reading the webpage which
    contains the search result.
    OR
    If "Barnes And Noble" has created a Web Service, which
    provides me the access to their database.
    OR
    If i have direct access to their database.

    Are these the only options available to me, to access this
    data.
    Is there any other way i can get access to this data?

    I will be very thankful if you could please provide me any
    insight on this.

    Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Mohan

    Mohan Gupta, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Mohan Gupta

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Check out the answer to your question I posted in
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices newsgroup!!

    Btw, it's rather annoying posting the same question in many different
    newsgroups...

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan