accessing database from webservice

kenneth fleckenstein nielsen

I'm trying to let my webs ervice access a database, from non public site. It
works on my local maschin and on a test server i setup. but i doesn't work on
the customers machine, when i log on to the database the user is refused. but
i can logon with him from gui.
I presúme that the problem is the setting up of iis or with the access right
to the db, basically i wan't any anonymis user ot have all the rights he
wants.
What nob's can i turn on to affect the access right to a db from a webservice?
the web.config file
IIS the directory ?
Windows the users ?

Dilip Krishnan

Hello kenneth,
Check if you are using integrated security in the connection string. That
would most probably be the problem

HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan
MCAD, MCSD.net
dkrishnan at geniant dot com
http://www.geniant.com

kenneth fleckenstein nielsen

I've enabled IIS's integrated windows authe.. on the specific webservices
directory security, on the customers server and nothing changed. I think that
will affect the connection string as you said it could be, but I'm not
connecting myself i rely on a thirdparty product and that doesn't log on
there.