Accessing dropdown list values inside of a repeater

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    After I bind the repeater control in the form_load event, it builds
    multiple lines based on the number of rows in the dataset.

    In the repeater control, I have a textbox and a dropdown list box. I
    have tied the "SelectedIndexChanged" to it. At runtime - after I
    change the dropdown box selection, I'm only able to view the values of
    the controls within that one repeater instance.

    After the dropdown selection is changed, I need to increment through
    all of the controls within all of the repeater instances.

    heres an example of what I'm using to get to the controls values:
    *********CODE*******
    For Each ctl In objRepeaterItem.Controls
    If ctl.GetType().ToString().Equals("System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList")
    _
    And ctl.ID = "ddlScore" Then
    sTemp = objDL.SelectedValue

    End If
    Next

    Can anyone help me go through all of the instances of the repeater
    item when a dropdown selection has been modified?

    Thanks in advance!
    Jeff
    Jeff, Jan 19, 2004