Accessing file on shared drive

aloke.sarnobat

Is there a method in Javascript which can be used to access a file on
shared drive?
eg. I want to point to \\shared\docs\code.txt

Can one use window.location to open such a path? I tried up without
much luck.

Ivan Marsh

Is there a method in Javascript which can be used to access a file on
shared drive?
eg. I want to point to \\shared\docs\code.txt

Can one use window.location to open such a path? I tried up without much
luck.

That would violate the browser security model.

You can do it but it would require and ActiveX or equivalent control on
every browser using the site.

aloke.sarnobat

Can you point me to a page where such an ActiveX control is explained?
The users in my environment only use IE, so it shouldnt be a problem.

Ivan Marsh

Can you point me to a page where such an ActiveX control is explained?
The users in my environment only use IE, so it shouldnt be a problem.

I don't do ActiveX but I'm sure someone else here can point you in the
right direction.