Accessing files in a permissions protected windows folder

Taurkon

I need to search and then open a file in a folder that is protected using
NT2000 security. Is there a file open command that allows me to state the
domain, user, and pswd for access rights to these files? I need to modify a
current process to support this functionality and I myself am not a Windows
c++ programmer and have not been able to find any libraries to support this
functionality.

Thanks
Taurk

http://www.usenet.com

Victor Bazarov

Taurkon said:
I need to search and then open a file in a folder that is protected using
NT2000 security. Is there a file open command that allows me to state the
domain, user, and pswd for access rights to these files?[...]

Not in C++. You might want to ask in a newsgroup for your platform.

Victor

Michiel Salters

Victor Bazarov said:
Taurkon said:
I need to search and then open a file in a folder that is protected using
NT2000 security. Is there a file open command that allows me to state the
domain, user, and pswd for access rights to these files?[...]

Not in C++. You might want to ask in a newsgroup for your platform.

Victor

Not in /standard/ C++, if we want to be precise. Win2000 adds extra
functions to standard C++, which you can then use. However, Victor
is right when he points out that the details of these functions are
on topic in newsgroups dealing with the {C++,Windows} combination.

Regards,
Michiel Salters

Victor Bazarov

Michiel Salters said:
"Victor Bazarov" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Taurkon said:
I need to search and then open a file in a folder that is protected using
NT2000 security. Is there a file open command that allows me to state the
domain, user, and pswd for access rights to these files?[...]

Not in C++. You might want to ask in a newsgroup for your platform.

Victor

Not in /standard/ C++, if we want to be precise. [...]

When posting to comp.lang.c++, there is no other C++ /than standard/.