    webservice that is running on the other machine.

    From Windows Explorer I can view the images, delete them, rename them
    etc.

    But my Web Service always gets a FileNotFound exception when trying to
    open an image.

    What permissions do I need to set up on the machine with the images to
    allow my web service to access the image files.

    Thanks

    RichardF
    RichardF, Feb 17, 2005

  2. RichardF

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:31:27 -0600, RichardF <> wrote:

    ¤ I have two machines that are members of the same workgroup (there is
    ¤ NO domain server).
    ¤
    ¤ On one machine I have some images that I want to access from a
    ¤ webservice that is running on the other machine.
    ¤
    ¤ From Windows Explorer I can view the images, delete them, rename them
    ¤ etc.
    ¤
    ¤ But my Web Service always gets a FileNotFound exception when trying to
    ¤ open an image.
    ¤
    ¤ What permissions do I need to set up on the machine with the images to
    ¤ allow my web service to access the image files.

    If you're using a remote path mapped to a drive letter I doubt that the Web Service can see it. I
    would use a UNC path instead.

    In addition, the identify under which the Web Service is operating, probably the local ASPNET
    account, will need to be mirrored on the remote machine (with the same password) and have access to
    the files in question so that delegation can occur. This scenario assumes you are using Anonymous
    (no) or Basic authentication (w/o impersonation).

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Paul Clement, Feb 18, 2005