    Is there any way for a python script to access a file on the PDA?
    Assume, I know exactly where the file is located, and what the file is
    named.
    walterbyrd, Jul 25, 2006

  2. walterbyrd

    LB Guest

    walterbyrd ha scritto:

    > I want my python app to read a file from a pocketpc mobile device, if
    > possible.
    >
    > Assume I am running windows-xp, and activesync 3.8. Assume I have
    > "exported" the file.
    >
    > As I understand it, exported files are not really on the PC, even after
    > syncing. You have to use your stylus on the PDA to get to the file in
    > question, then use your PC mouse to drag the file onto the PC. I hate
    > this. As it is, to get to the file, I have to open "my computer" then
    > open the "mobile device" icon.

    On my PPC (win mobile 2003 and activesync 3.8) syncing replicate (and
    in some cases translate,as for excel, word...) file between PPC and PC.
    So finally you have a copy on PC and a copy on PPC.

    Otherwise you can access your PPC as a remote device via activesync.

    I don't know if you can read a file on the PPC using a python app, but
    surely you can operate on the syncronized file on the PC.

    LB
    LB, Jul 26, 2006