    authentication outside the web root.

    Thanks in advance.

    , Nov 14, 2005

  2. The most straightforward method is to use <location> tags for the type
    (secure/insecure) that has the least amount of pages. The help file is
    fairly good on this.

    If your ISP allows subwebs, you can make another application underneath the
    current application. This is even simpler (less typing). In this model, you
    have a different web.config in the subweb, as it is a separate app.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a web application which uses SSL on one the folders. When I
    > developed application the set up was webroot and under that folder
    > called 'secure'.
    > My ISP has provided a folder called 'secure' on the server which has
    > shared SSL and is sitting outside of the web root, hence the set up
    > called 'secure' and then at the same level a folder called web root.
    > Now, I have two issues:
    >
    > 1. How can I simulate the same set up in VS.NET application and be able
    > to deploy application?
    > 2. The folder called secure needs to use forms authentication and SSL.
    > At the moment, I have specified the following in web.config.

    Code:
    <authentication mode="Forms">

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 14, 2005

  3. teclioness Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for your prompt reply, but this is a totally new scenario for
    me. As I mentioned, The structure as I see on my ISP server is:
    - secure
    - webroot

    And in my visual studio.net app, the structure is :
    -webroot
    - secure
    Can I still maintain the same structure, compile my application and
    deploy or as you suggested in your second option "make another
    application underneath the current application".

    Moreover, I need to maintain my session variable across these two
    folders.

    Please advise, how this can be achieved.

    Thanks

    teclioness, Nov 14, 2005