Accessing framework 2.0 assembly in framework 1.1 application

Amit Bhatnagar

Hi,

We have couple of assemblies developed in framework 2.0, we need to
include them in project reference in our one of the application which
was dewveloped in framework 1.1. I trie to ad them but IDE VS.NET2005
doesn't allow me to do the same.
Although those were DLLs but VS still throws exception and prompt that
only DLLs can be referred. I am worndering if it at all possible. Any
help would be greatly helpful for me.

Thanks
Amit

sloan

I kinda think thats the equivalent of

I have an fuel injection setup for my 2007 mustang, will it fit in my 1983
Mustang?

If you don't have 2.0 specific features in your 2.0 code, then perhaps you
can compile that code in 1.1.

I don't know, wait for someone else to chime in. But I think you're driving
the wrong way on a one way street.

bruce barker

this can not be done as version 1 vm cannot host version 2 dlls. what
you can do is convert the web site to version 2, and run the version 1
dlls.

you other option is to host the version 2 dlls as a web service.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)