Accessing GridView footer paging elements

DMC

Hi,

I have enabled paging in my gridview control and am now trying to work out
how to programmatically access it. With my gridview i have an "Add" button
which adds a new row to the gridview and underlying data source, and
initialises values to null, except for primary key which is auto incremented
in SQL Server. When this new row is added, i want to navigate to the page in
the gridview containing the new addition (the last row), and then set the
edit index property to this row so it is in edit mode for the user. Problem
is, that by default, if i have say 20 records in the gridview and the paging
is set to only display 5 records at a time, it will show the first 5 by
default, when i want the last records. Can someone help me out here? Im
relatively new to ASP programming (2 weeks...) so am slowly amassing
knowledge.

Cheers,

DMC