Accessing IIS Logfile configuration properties

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by IIS LogFile configuration properties...., Apr 22, 2005.

  1. I want my websvc to read the logfile directory path from IIS configuration
    Properties, thereby store my websvc log messages in a file created in that
    directory.
    The reason is that the websvc has to be installed on several servers and I
    donot want to hardcode the logfile path in the code. I get an error "Run-time
    exception thrown : System.Exception - Cannot create ActiveX component."
    " on GetObject Call, when I tried the following code.

    Dim IISOBJ, Servername, WebSiteID
    Dim flag2 As String
    flag2 = ""

    Servername = "localhost"
    WebSiteID = 1

    IISOBJ = GetObject("IIS://" & Servername & "/W3SVC/" & WebSiteID)

    If (IISOBJ.LogType = 0) Then
    flag2 = "Disabled"
    Else
    flag2 = "Enabled"
    End If
    flag2 = IISOBJ.LogFileDirectory

    I read about the metabase issues...but didnt know what to do....
    Is this a security issue? If so, how do I work around it..Thanks a million
    IIS LogFile configuration properties...., Apr 22, 2005