Accessing input values across user controls

Discussion in '.NET' started by GregStevensTX, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. GregStevensTX

    GregStevensTX

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    I have an ASP.NET page with a form that contains two user controls:

    HTML:
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="x" TagName="c1" Src="ctl1.ascx" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="x" TagName="c2" Src="ctl2.ascx" %>
      <form runat="Server">
        <x:c1 id="con1" runat="Server">
        <x:c2 id="con2" runat="Server">
      <form>

    In one control (con1) I have a dropdownlist. In the other control (con2), I have a set of textboxes that I would like to pre-populate with values that depend on what item is selected in the dropdownlist in the first control.

    How can the code for con2 access the value of the dropdownlist in con1?

    Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    GregStevensTX, Apr 9, 2007