Accessing jar files

Tim

I know, it might be a noob question...

I want to add a custom menu entry to Mozilla or IE, that when clicked
executes an external java application.
But i am already unable to do the first step.
I'd like to access browser.xul which is in browser.jar, but when
trying to
open browser.xul with netbeans, an unexpected FileNotFoundException
occurs.

java.io.IOException
at org.openide.filesystems.JarFileSystem.writeAttribute(JarFileSystem.java:406)
at org.openide.filesystems.JarFileSystem$Impl.writeAttribute(JarFileSystem.java:808)
at org.openide.filesystems.AbstractFileObject.setAttribute(AbstractFileObject.java:293)
at org.openide.filesystems.AbstractFileObject.setAttribute(AbstractFileObject.java:279)
at org.netbeans.modules.text.ConvertToTextAction.performAction(ConvertToTextAction.java:107)
at org.openide.util.actions.NodeAction.actionPerformed(NodeAction.java:171)
at org.netbeans.core.ModuleActions$1.run(ModuleActions.java:97)
at org.openide.util.Task.run(Task.java:136)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:328)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:670)

I'd very much appreciate your help

Tim

Andrew Thompson

I want to add a custom menu entry to Mozilla or IE,

'We have both kinds' Huhh?

What about Lynx, Opera, FireFox..?

I doubt you will be able to get Java that intimate
with any browser without a native exe/dll or active
co-operation from the browser manufacturer.