Accessing jar files

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tim, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    I know, it might be a noob question...

    I want to add a custom menu entry to Mozilla or IE, that when clicked
    executes an external java application.
    But i am already unable to do the first step.
    I'd like to access browser.xul which is in browser.jar, but when
    trying to
    open browser.xul with netbeans, an unexpected FileNotFoundException
    occurs.

    java.io.IOException
    at org.openide.filesystems.JarFileSystem.writeAttribute(JarFileSystem.java:406)
    at org.openide.filesystems.JarFileSystem$Impl.writeAttribute(JarFileSystem.java:808)
    at org.openide.filesystems.AbstractFileObject.setAttribute(AbstractFileObject.java:293)
    at org.openide.filesystems.AbstractFileObject.setAttribute(AbstractFileObject.java:279)
    at org.netbeans.modules.text.ConvertToTextAction.performAction(ConvertToTextAction.java:107)
    at org.openide.util.actions.NodeAction.actionPerformed(NodeAction.java:171)
    at org.netbeans.core.ModuleActions$1.run(ModuleActions.java:97)
    at org.openide.util.Task.run(Task.java:136)
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:328)
    [catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:670)

    I'd very much appreciate your help

    Tim

    Tim, Jul 14, 2004

  2. On 14 Jul 2004 13:21:45 -0700, Tim wrote:

    > I want to add a custom menu entry to Mozilla or IE,

    'We have both kinds' Huhh?

    What about Lynx, Opera, FireFox..?

    I doubt you will be able to get Java that intimate
    with any browser without a native exe/dll or active
    co-operation from the browser manufacturer.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jul 15, 2004