    instance, trigger the camera using a push button in an ASP.NET form?

    Thanks

    Jeronimo
    Jeronimo Bertran, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Jeronimo Bertran

    bruce barker Guest

    you have to create an activex control that can be hosted by IE. it should be
    signed, and installed locally. it will be tricky to make it safe for
    scripting compliant (you will have to validate that it is hosted by a page
    from your site). if the control is not the whole app, then you can write
    client script to control it.

    if your dll's are written in .net, the user must all install the 22mb
    runtime download.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Jeronimo Bertran" <> wrote in message
    > We need to create an ASP.NET application that allows the user on the
    > client machine to activate devices that are connected directly to his
    > machine (cameras and devices connected to the RS232 port). We have

    written

    bruce barker, Oct 16, 2003