Accessing local resources

Ganesh

I have a web application that is forms authenticated. From one of the web
forms in this application i invoke a web service. One of the web methods in
this web service accesses database, gets the data ( report data ) and a .pdf
out put is generated. The reporting engine used is data dynamics. Once a .pdf
is generated, it has to be put in a location say "c:\Temp\MyReports".

The method, that is reponsible to push the pdf into this location tries to
create the folder "MyReports" if it does not exist. Now since by default, the
user account under which the application ( ASP.NET ) runs is under ASP_NET
account, this user does not have more privilages. So this fails to create the
directory under the specified location. Now if a person ( who logs into the
windows domain ) running the application is added to the administrative group
in the web server, i think this works, but since the application is accessed
by lot of uses in the local intranet, not all can be added. Also
Impersonation is strictly turnd off by policy followed locally. Now how do i
go about allowing the forms authenticated user who invoked the web service
create the folder "MyReports" if this does not exist. I do not want to use
impersonation.

UsualDosage

Just grant the IUSR_<computername> user file permissions to the share you
want it to be able to manipulate.