Accessing matplotlib-users discussion group?

John Ladasky

Hi folks,

Apologies if this is a bit off-topic, but there must be another
Pythoneer out there who can help me navigate my current problem.

I'm working with matplotlib, the Python graphing package. I need to
ask some questions about it, and the place to ask those questions
would appear to be the matplotlib-users discussion group. Matplotlib-
users appears to be hosted on sourceforge.net (and is not mirrored
anywhere else?), so I tried to sign up for an account (at
https://sourceforge.net/user/registration).

Yesterday, after filling out the registration page, Sourceforge
rejected my registration, without any notice that I observed. Today,
I tried that registration again. This time, on the upper right corner
of the rejection page, I saw the following message: "your registration
violated our anti-spam filter."

WTF?

I tried searching Sourceforge for information on what their anti-spam
filter is, and how my registration could possibly have violated it. I
found nothing.

If anyone out there can tell me how 1) I can actually register with
Sourceforge, or 2) how I might post to matplotlib-users without
bothering with Sourceforge, I would be most grateful!

John Ladasky

Hate to bump this, but... I found Sourceforge's IRC, and tried to ask
for help there, and it doesn't look like I can get any help until
business hours tomorrow. Anyone?

Martin Schöön

Hate to bump this, but... I found Sourceforge's IRC, and tried to ask
for help there, and it doesn't look like I can get any help until
business hours tomorrow. Anyone?

No help really but I 'joined' Sourceforge about a year ago and
had no problems whatsoever.

Could it be some anti-robot filter that's gotten overly picky?

/Martin

John Ladasky

No help really but I 'joined' Sourceforge about a year ago and
had no problems whatsoever.

Could it be some anti-robot filter that's gotten overly picky?

/Martin

Well, I got through to Sourceforge today, and succeeded in
subscribing. A support person said that their site's registration web
page has compatibility issues with certain web browsers and/or their
extensions. I was using Chrome. They asked me to try another
browser, I tried Firefox, and it worked.

Personally, I find that to be pretty bizarre -- but it worked.