Accessing MS Access based Data

A P

Hi!

I am using Web Matrix in learning ASP.Net and I am only using MS Access as
my database. What namespace and Connection that I may use to handle this? As
stated on the ASP.Net site(http://www.asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx),
that uses SQL based Data that is much different with MS Access. Hope you
could help me.

Me

Guest

Hi,
Try using any of the connection strings at:-

Standard security:
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\somepath\mydb.mdb;User
Id=admin;Password=;"

Workgroup (system database):
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\somepath\mydb.mdb;Jet
OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;"

With password:
"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\somepath\mydb.mdb;Jet
OLEDB:Database Password=MyDbPassword;"

GDLUCK
PAtrick