    can use asp.net.

    I would be grateful if someone could advise me on this,

    Best wishes, John Morgan
    John Morgan, Jan 11, 2007

  2. John Morgan

    Jacob Guest

    The reason you have to access it through JavaScript is that the
    clientside scripting is responsible for fetching the images from MS and
    moving them around as you move around on the map. If you did it using
    only ASP.NET then you would have to do about a million postbacks to
    move your map around and create markers, open windows etc.

    If you are looking for a map on your page I have made an ASP.NET
    control for Google Maps which works well (especially the licensed
    version) - http://www.reimers.dk

    Jacob, Jan 11, 2007

  3. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    Thank you Jacob,

    Your control looks to be exactly the sort of thing I am looking for .

    I am just starting to look at incorporating maps into my work and MS
    Virtual Earth to me looks very impressive.

    Your control is for Google maps. Is there a reason why you used Google
    Maps rather than Virtual Earth.?

    Best wishes, John Morgan

    John Morgan, Jan 12, 2007
  4. John Morgan

    Jacob Guest

    When I started developing the control VE was not nearly at the stage of
    Google Maps and the hacking possibilities were better, so I went for
    the better quality. Furthermore integration with Google Earth is easier
    with Google Maps which is a definite plus. I assume the move to VE
    should be fairly easy (albeit time consuming) and I imagine someone has
    already made an ASP.NET control for VE.

    Jacob, Jan 12, 2007
  5. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    Thanks again Jacob.

    It is not currently a matter of great importance as to which I use,
    Google or MS

    My aim is to get something a map on site,

    Your control seems well established and well supported, I will give it
    a go!

    Best wishes, John Morgan

    John Morgan, Jan 12, 2007