Accessing .Net parent ctrl from interopped AxCtrl in VB6 ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by balg, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. balg

    balg Guest

    I have a client control in VB6 and I have a .Net container application which
    hosts that control.

    The .Net container control implements a certain interface which is in a
    separate .Net (interface-only) project, which is referenced (ccw) by VB6
    control.
    (i.e, this interface project is referenced both in vb6 and .net )

    Now from VB6 i need to get this interface, (In Container-In-VB6 scenario,
    usually it will be by "UserControl.Parent" and assign it to that interface.)

    But ContainerInDotnet scenario, UserControl.Parent ( in VB6 control )
    returns nothing !

    Is there any Direct way of getting a .Net parent thru' a common interface in
    the VB6 world (I don't want the .net container control itself, but only the
    interface which it implements ) ?

    PS : I've tried raising event from VB6 with a byref param, so .Net captures
    that event and sends back the container interface. it works but is there any
    direct way ?

    balg, Nov 18, 2004