Accessing network files

David C

We have an asp.net intranet web that we need to give access to all logged-in
network users the ability to view the files in a web page. My question is
how does the web page know that the user can see the files (and eventually
open them in a browser). An example is many folders have jpg files that we
are displaying. I have the folder setup as shared and all domain users have
access to them. However, I am wondering if asp.net is keeping the network
from knowing this is a domain user? Do I need to setup impersonation in
order for the web site to use their credentials? Thank you.

David

David C

Steve,
I have the lines below in the web.config file but it does not seem to be
working. When I remove the "impersonate" line the users can see the files,
and can open all but the jpg files. Any ideas what I can do so they can see
the files? Thanks.

<authentication mode="Windows" />
<identity impersonate="true" />