Accessing Parallel Port in Python Error : Priviledged Instruction

guenais

Hello

When I use Pyparallel to access the parallel port in WinXP with Python
I get an error saying that this is a priviledged instruction

Any clue ?

Mike

Peter Hansen

When I use Pyparallel to access the parallel port in WinXP with Python
I get an error saying that this is a priviledged instruction

Any clue ?

Here's a clue: please always cut and paste the *entire actual* traceback
when you report a Python error.

If it's not a Python traceback, spend the time to retype -- carefully --
the exact text from the dialog where the error was reported. If it's
one of those awful Windows crash dialogs with reams of useless
information, spend some time thinking about what portion of that would
be most likely to be of help to us, if you can't retype all of it.

Also consider reporting on version numbers of things: Python,
Pyparallel, WinXP (SP2 for example?), just in case that matters.

-Peter