Accessing parent window from child on a Mac

John Holmes

I have an application that works fine with Windows clients that uses a
child window to enter in search criteria and then returns to the
parent window with the search results (zoomed into a location on a
map). It's a map based application using ESRI's ArcIMS product.

The program isn't working with a Mac running IE. The function I'm
using to return to the parent window is below:

<script language='javascript'>

<!--

function gotoMap()

{

var objParent = window.opener;
var strParcelID = document.frmParcel.txtParcelNumber.value;
var strLocation = "/Gis/Applications/<%=AppName%>/asp/iMap.asp?Parcel="
+ strParcelID;
if (objParent) objParent.location = strLocation;
objParent.focus();

}

//-->

</script>