Accessing ports

kajdan

Hello

I am using the free Borland compiler.

However I cannot find how to access I/O ports. For some reason, pin and
pout are not available. How can I achieve this?

I also tried with inline assembler, but the compiler doesn't support it
(no tasm32.exe).

Is there another other free MS-DOS based compiler that will do this?

Thanks

Keith Thompson

kajdan said:
I am using the free Borland compiler.

However I cannot find how to access I/O ports. For some reason, pin and
pout are not available. How can I achieve this?

I also tried with inline assembler, but the compiler doesn't support it
(no tasm32.exe).

Is there another other free MS-DOS based compiler that will do this?

You're likely to get better answers in another newsgroup, perhaps
comp.os.msdos.programmer.

Johann Klammer

kajdan said:
Hello

I am using the free Borland compiler.

However I cannot find how to access I/O ports. For some reason, pin and
pout are not available. How can I achieve this?

Wasn't it inp/outp or inb/outb or something? Possible different
functions for different word lengths also..

Angel

Wasn't it inp/outp or inb/outb or something? Possible different
functions for different word lengths also..

inb/outb and inw/outw on Linux/x86, among others for various bitlengths.
But there doesn't seem to be any sort of standard for it so it probably
varies by OS, by hardware and by compiler suite.

Paul N

Hello

I am using the free Borland compiler.

However I cannot find how to access I/O ports. For some reason, pin and
pout are not available. How can I achieve this?

I also tried with inline assembler, but the compiler doesn't support it
(no tasm32.exe).

Is there another other free MS-DOS based compiler that will do this?

Thanks

In Turbo C++ (a compiler by Borland which includes a C compiler) there
are inp, inport, inportb, outp, outport and outportb. Your compiler
may have some or all of these.

Failing that, try comp.os.msdos.programmer as Keith has suggested.