accessing remote OLAP cube through WSS cause an error...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Jéjé, May 19, 2004.

  1. Jéjé

    Jéjé Guest

    Hi,

    I receive this error when I try to access an olap cube with the DSPanel web
    part:
    No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused

    this error appear only when I access my server remotly and if the NT
    authentication is activated.

    if I use the clear/text authentication, all works fine or if I use the NT
    authentication and access the server locally (http://localhost)
    then all works fine!!!

    But I suspect I've the same problem out of WSS because some times I have
    some problem to access remote ressources.
    My WSS Web server is Windows 2003; my OLAP server is Windows 2000 server; my
    DC is a SBS 2003 on a third server.

    So, I'm not sure if the problem is at the WSS level, the ASP.NET level, at
    the IIS level or at the network config himself!

    any idea?

    thanks.

    Jerome.

    Jéjé, May 19, 2004

  2. You are experiencing the "double hop" problem with IIS and ntlm
    authentication.
    The only way to correctly pass the authentication token from IIS to the OLAP
    server is to enable and use Kerberos authentication.
    You'll find more infos at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326089

    HtH,
    Andrea

    Andrea D'Onofrio [MSFT], May 21, 2004

  3. Jéjé

    Jéjé Guest

    Well, for a companent I've found the solution.
    I've added the component (which call my OLAP cube) in COM+ on my web server
    and then all works fine.

    I'll test other similar components to see if I'll have the same problem or
    if all will be solved.

    "Andrea D'Onofrio [MSFT]" <> a écrit dans le
    message de news:%...
    > You are experiencing the "double hop" problem with IIS and ntlm
    > authentication.
    > The only way to correctly pass the authentication token from IIS to the

    OLAP
    > server is to enable and use Kerberos authentication.
    > You'll find more infos at:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326089
    >
    > HtH,
    > Andrea

    rights.

    Jéjé, May 21, 2004
  4. That's right, the component configured in COM+ has all it needs (Username
    and password that you set in the snap-in) to succesfully have a security
    token that can do an authenticated request to any server in the domain. But
    in this way you loose the security context of the requester and you access
    to the OLAP cube always with the COM+ configured credential.

    HtH,
    Andrea

    Andrea D'Onofrio [MSFT], May 24, 2004