    Regards
    John

    , Nov 20, 2007

  2. On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 03:45:34 -0800 (PST),
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to access a signals' value by referencing that
    >signal name though a string?

    Not in VHDL, unless you write a very frightening "case"
    statement.

    If you are using ModelSim, you should check out the
    "SignalSpy" tool. Otherwise, it's something that you
    could do through the simulator's C-language interface.
    --
    Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

    http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

    Jonathan Bromley, Nov 20, 2007

    > Not in VHDL, unless you write a very frightening "case"
    > statement.

    Thanks for the prompt reply Jonathan.

    Regards
    John