Accessing SMB share on Mac OSX for file copy

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by John, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Greetings. I am attempting copy a file from a Mac OSX (10.3.6) to a share
    on a Windows 2000 server using Perl. To trouble shoot my problem I wrote a
    simple script to verify the existance of a file on the share which is
    failing. I don't belive this is a rights issue since I can
    add/delete/modify files using the OSX Finder. So that leaves me with how I
    am refering to the share which is using UNC (\\server name\share name
    \folder name\). Is this the correct way to access the share? I have tried
    several different ways to access the share and they all fail. Do I need to
    include a way to connect to the server in the code (to connect to the share
    and pass a username/password)? Currently I am connecting to the share
    through finder.

    my $File = "//FS1/Data/FileTransfer/test.txt";
    #my $File = "\\\FS1\\Data\\FileTransfer\\test.txt";
    #my $File = "smb:\\FS1\\Data\\FileTransfer\\test.txt";

    unless (-f $File) { print "\nFile DOES NOT Exist!" }

    John, Mar 2, 2005