Accessing TestDirector for Quality Center OTA API using Perl

Ray

It seems that my company is attempting to standardize the test group
using Perl. As TestDirector for Quality Center, I have been writing
utilities using VBScript.

Since Perl is our new standard, I would appreciate some links where I
might find Perl example code and/or modules that allow access to the
OTA API>

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Ray

Sorry, my ignorance of the Perl world shows!

I will search CPAN for possible matches, but OTA stands for Open Test
Architecture API. TestDirector for Quality Center is a product of
Mercury Interactive, and they "officially" support a C++ OTA interface
and also Visual Basic interface.

I can't entirely escape the VB part, for their defined way of
programattically altering the workflow is using VBScript. However, I
have seen some references and a couple of small examples of using Perl.

Thanks for your time and the CPAN pointer.

Jim said:
Ray said:
It seems that my company is attempting to standardize the test group
using Perl. As TestDirector for Quality Center, I have been writing
utilities using VBScript.

Since Perl is our new standard, I would appreciate some links where I
might find Perl example code and/or modules that allow access to the
OTA API>

What is OTA?

The normal source for Perl modules is www.cpan.org. See search.cpan.org
for a search engine. Entering "OTA" in the search box yields several
modules dedicated to accessing an "Open Travel Alliance" server.

Searching for "perl ota api" on Google yields links to the
"Over-The-Air" protocol for mobile devices (and also reveals that a
Perl conference has been held in Ota, Japan!).

As you can tell, I am not going to be able to help you much. However,
if you fill in some of the missing information in your query, you might
increase the probability of getting help.