    to shared network folder name (\\computername\folder). What is the best way
    to do this?

    SB
    Sam Bab, Nov 25, 2004

  2. You can still use the ASPNET account if you like but you must define a
    static password for the account on both machines. Both machines must also
    use the same pwd for this account. If the other machine (the one you have
    defined the fileshare on) does not have .NET installed, you must still
    define an ASPNET user and password on the machine, with access to the
    directory acting as the file share.

    On your web server, you can define a static password for the ASPNET account
    in your machine.config file.

    You can also use a totally different account, either way you must have the
    same username/pwd combination on both machines. Obviously, it would be best
    to only limit the user to read access to the minimum amount of information
    on the other fileserver.

    --
    - Paul Glavich
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    "Sam Bab" <> wrote in message
    > I have one workstation which holds some text files and I want to merge

    these
    > files into one text file and want to print data from merged text file into
    > aspx page. The aspx is using local aspnet account which does not have

    access

    Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET], Nov 28, 2004