Accessing the message of Outlook inbox

venutaurus539

Hi all,
How can I access the body of a mail in Outlook Inbox? I tried
various options like message.Body or message.Mesg etc. but didn't
work. I could get the subject of the mail using message.Subject
though.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Venu

Mike Driscoll

Hi all,
        How can I access the body of a mail in Outlook Inbox? I tried
various options like message.Body or message.Mesg etc. but didn't
work. I could get the subject of the mail using message.Subject
though.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Venu

Can you connect via POP3? If so, the email module should be able to
get it. Otherwise, you'll probably have to use the PyWin32 package's
win32com module.

Google is your friend. The following links should give you a general
idea of how to access Outlook with Python:

http://cephas.net/blog/2004/09/17/sending-your-outlook-calendar-using-python/
http://www.boddie.org.uk/python/COM.html
http://www.goldb.org/goldblog/CommentView,guid,dcd1d9cd-eb1b-4590-a14b-1480bdf1db69.aspx
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2007-November/006446.html

Mike

venutaurus539

Can you connect via POP3? If so, the email module should be able to
get it. Otherwise, you'll probably have to use the PyWin32 package's
win32com module.

Google is your friend. The following links should give you a general
idea of how to access Outlook with Python:

http://cephas.net/blog/2004/09/17/s...ermail/python-win32/2007-November/006446.html

Mike

Thanks Mike for your suggestion.. I am using PyWin32 package's Win32
module... I did go through those mails,, and am able to access the
Outlook inbox as they have mentioned.. but am not getting the exact
function with which I can refer the mails content ( Message of the
Body)... :-(

THank you,,
Venu.

Mike Driscoll

Thanks Mike for your suggestion.. I am using PyWin32 package's Win32
module... I did go through those mails,, and am able to access the
Outlook inbox as they have mentioned.. but am not getting the exact
function with which I can refer the mails content ( Message of the
Body)... :-(

THank you,,
Venu.

Our organization no longer uses Outlook, so I don't have a good way to
test any more. I recommend re-posting to the pywin32 group here:

They'll be able to give you pointers and there's plenty of helpful
people there.

Mike