    access and change the registry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

    , Mar 21, 2005

  2. David White Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am making a program in C++ and was wondering how to make a program
    > access and change the registry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    What is "the registry"? Is it the registry of births, deaths and marriages?

    This newsgroup concerns itself with standard C++, which I don't believe
    includes accessing any kind of registry.

    DW

    David White, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Andre Kostur Guest

    wrote in news:1111446249.213052.168320
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > I am making a program in C++ and was wondering how to make a program
    > access and change the registry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    You're way off topic for comp.lang.c++. The topc here is Standard C++.
    There is no concept of a "registry" in Standard C++. You'll need to ask in
    a vendor- or platform-specific newsgroup.

    Andre Kostur, Mar 21, 2005
  4. Alex8022 Guest

    Argh! I'm talking about the Windows registry. I know of a lot of
    programs that change the windows registry. Would you please just tell
    me how to do change it with c++ under windows?

    Alex8022, Mar 23, 2005
  5. red floyd Guest

    Alex8022 wrote:
    > Argh! I'm talking about the Windows registry. I know of a lot of
    > programs that change the windows registry. Would you please just tell
    > me how to do change it with c++ under windows?

    Ask in a newsgroup that has "windows" or "microsoft" in its name.
    You've been told that it's OT here.

    red floyd, Mar 23, 2005
  6. David White Guest

    "Alex8022" <> wrote in message
    > Argh! I'm talking about the Windows registry. I know of a lot of
    > programs that change the windows registry. Would you please just tell
    > me how to do change it with c++ under windows?

    This is completely the wrong place for that. There are uncountable Windows
    newsgroups, and this isn't one of them. This might point you in the right
    direction: http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    DW

    David White, Mar 23, 2005
  7. codigo Guest

    "Alex8022" <> wrote in message
    > Argh! I'm talking about the Windows registry. I know of a lot of
    > programs that change the windows registry. Would you please just tell
    > me how to do change it with c++ under windows?

    And i know a lot of operating systems that don't use or have a registry.
    Incidentally, C++ works as expected in most if not all of them. Why? Because
    the folks who support and develop the standard chose not to support
    proprietary systems. Bless them.

    To you that may seem to be a limitation, to us its why C++ is stronger than
    ever. To understand why: try Win32, MFC or WTL to write your registry
    program and consider the fact that the said program only runs on some
    windows platforms. This situation is exactly what C++ attempts to prevent
    through its standard.

    Lets face it, why should C++ reinvent the wheel every time some company
    decides to implement some non-documented, closed source and proprietary
    interface?

    Ask your question in a relevent newsgroup. Search for "microsoft" and you'll
    get 50 groups or so.

    codigo, Mar 23, 2005