Accessing the Systray; what language/function does this?

Yo

I want to put an icon in the systray. I don't think VBA does this.
Is there a VC++ or C++ Function or Sub that I can declare that will allow me
to create a systray icon (or is it windows_notification_area)?
Thanks in advance,
Yo.

Kevin Goodsell

Yo said:
I want to put an icon in the systray. I don't think VBA does this.
Is there a VC++ or C++ Function or Sub that I can declare that will allow me
to create a systray icon (or is it windows_notification_area)?
Thanks in advance,
Yo.

C++ has no concept of icons, systrays, VBA, windows_notification_areas.
So no, there is no C++ function[*] for this.

[*]In comp.lang.c++, "C++ function" can be read as "standard C++ function".

-Kevin

Howard

Yo said:
I want to put an icon in the systray. I don't think VBA does this.
Is there a VC++ or C++ Function or Sub that I can declare that will allow me
to create a systray icon (or is it windows_notification_area)?
Thanks in advance,
Yo.
It can be done from any language, provided you can make calls to the Windows
API. But ask in a windows newsgroup. That's where you'll find
windows-related answers.
-Howard

Yo

Thanks. I only have a tiny grasp of a VB, and because of the minmal
documentation regarding API in the Help file, I assumed that any calls to
the API had to be done in C++. I assumed that's what this newsgroup was.
Thanks for guiding me, I'll look elsewehre.
Yo.