Accessing Twitter with Python (Python goes mainstream)

Terry Reedy

I have noticed Python appearing in various news stories lately and
treated as a mainstream language, as one not needing explanation, just
like Java, etc.

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/...itters-new-real-time-stream-api-in-python.ars

is a nice tutorial on how to use Python (and PyCurl
http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/) to access and process Twitter's new
(still in development) streaming API. It starts with the equivalent of
helloworld and elaborates from there. I think the examples nicely show
off Python's readability.

Terry Jan Reedy