Accessing Web Service with HTTP status 407: Proxy Access Denied

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by George, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. George

    George Guest

    Hello,

    I'm running an ASPX application "WebApplication1" which
    consumes a web service (service1.asmx) hosted on a machine
    with IP (128.1.7.x) . The web service is located in the
    intranet.
    The web methods can be invoked successfully
    if "WebApplication1" is located in machines with the same
    subnet (128.1.7.x).
    However, it fails if "WebApplication1" is hosted on
    machines with IP (128.1.8.x)
    When it tries to execute a web method, the aspx page
    returns an error of
    a page titled "Server Error in '/WebApplication1'
    Application.", with the error message "The request failed
    with HTTP status 407: Proxy Access Denied."

    [WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 407:
    Proxy Access Denied.]

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadRe
    sponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response,
    Stream responseStream)

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke
    (String methodName, Object[] parameters)

    However, the proxy server setting has already been
    disabled in the internet options.
    If I type the web service's URL
    (http://xxx.../service1.asmx) in IE, the wsdl page can be
    displayed successfully.

    Please notice that the error message is "Proxy Access
    Denied" but NOT "Proxy authentication required" which will
    be returned if the client is accessing through a proxy
    server without the right credentials.
    And my system administrator has confirmed with me that the
    application did not access the proxy.
    Therefore, I did not set the Proxy property of the web
    service too.
    (I've tried out earlier to set the Proxy with a wrong
    credential and got that "Proxy Authentication required"
    message)

    All machines are running on Win2K SP4 with .NET Framework
    1.0

    Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!

    Regards,
    George

    George, Oct 30, 2003