Accessing webservice through HTTPGET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alex Nitulescu, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Hi. I read that I could access a webservice by simply typing its address
    like

    http://localhost/aspnetprojects/vsn...usFahrenheit.asmx/ToCelsius?TempFahrneheit=32

    where TempFahrenheit is the parameter's name for the public method
    ToCelsius. However, I get the error:
    Request format is unrecognized.

    If I type just
    http://localhost/aspnetprojects/vsnet/CelsiusFahrenheit/CelsiusFahrenheit.asmx,
    however, I correctly see the help of my test webservice, like so:
    CelsiusFahrenheit

    Temperature Conversion Utility
    The following operations are supported. For a formal definition, please
    review the Service Description.
    ToCelsius
    Converts Fahrenheit to Celsius
    ToFahrenheit
    Converts Celsius to Fahrenheit

    So, please tell me, where do I go wrong ? I tried accessing it through a
    Proxy class (using "Add Web Reference" in vs.net), and it works fine !

    Thank you, Alex.

    Alex Nitulescu, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Alex Nitulescu

    DalePres Guest

    If you copied and pasted your URLs then the problem is typographical. You
    misspelled Fahrenheit on your GET request.

    Otherwise, read this article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819267

    HTH

    DalePres

    DalePres, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Dale, you are right, it was not the misspelling (this was only in the
    posting), it was because of HTTP GET and HTTP POST being disabled, as
    described in the KB.

    Thank you, Alex.

    Alex Nitulescu, Feb 14, 2005