Accessing webservice through HTTPGET

Alex Nitulescu

Hi. I read that I could access a webservice by simply typing its address
like

http://localhost/aspnetprojects/vsn...usFahrenheit.asmx/ToCelsius?TempFahrneheit=32

where TempFahrenheit is the parameter's name for the public method
ToCelsius. However, I get the error:
Request format is unrecognized.

If I type just
http://localhost/aspnetprojects/vsnet/CelsiusFahrenheit/CelsiusFahrenheit.asmx,
however, I correctly see the help of my test webservice, like so:
CelsiusFahrenheit

Temperature Conversion Utility
The following operations are supported. For a formal definition, please
review the Service Description.
ToCelsius
Converts Fahrenheit to Celsius
ToFahrenheit
Converts Celsius to Fahrenheit

So, please tell me, where do I go wrong ? I tried accessing it through a
Proxy class (using "Add Web Reference" in vs.net), and it works fine !

Thank you, Alex.

Alex Nitulescu

Dale, you are right, it was not the misspelling (this was only in the
posting), it was because of HTTP GET and HTTP POST being disabled, as
described in the KB.

Thank you, Alex.