Accessing Win32 remote scheduled tasks

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by TonyV, Dec 21, 2007.

  1. TonyV

    TonyV Guest

    Hey all, I'm trying to list the scheduled tasks on Windows servers. I
    snagged the Win32::TaskScheduler package, and quickly wrote up the
    following code:

    my $scheduler=Win32::TaskScheduler->New();
    $scheduler->SetTargetComputer("\\\\" . $computer);
    my @jobs = $scheduler->Enum();

    Locally, logged in as myself, it works like a charm. However, if I
    put that in a script on an IIS server we're running, it bombs out on
    the SetTargetComputer line. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the
    permissions. IIS runs scripts as the local IUSR_(servername) account,
    which doesn't have access to resources on remote servers.

    I'm using integrated Windows authentication in IIS. Ideally, I
    suppose I'd like the script to run with the same permissions as the
    user who is accessing the site, so that it would have access to
    whatever remote resources the user pulling up the web page has.

    Does anyone know if this is possible? If not, does anyone know of a
    workaround to accessing remote resources that doesn't involve changing
    the permissions on the remote server?

    TonyV, Dec 21, 2007

  2. TonyV

    TonyV Guest

    On Dec 21, 4:18 pm, TonyV <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know if this is possible? If not, does anyone know of a
    > workaround to accessing remote resources that doesn't involve changing
    > the permissions on the remote server?

    Crap, this might help. I'm using ActiveState Perl 5.8.8, build 820
    [274739], and the server is IIS 6 running on a Windows 2003 box.
    (I've got a really nasty cold right now, which is my excuse for not
    posting this in the original message.)

    TonyV, Dec 21, 2007