Accessing XML Web service in VB walkthrough clone problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Tony Girgenti, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. Hello.

    Using VS .NET 2003 VB

    I used the walkthrough "Accessing an XML Web Service Using Visual Basic or
    Visual C#" VB version to create my own project. The code supplied uses the
    Try/Catch statements and if there is an error, it only gives the message
    under the Catch part. If it is failing to do the Logon, is there a way to
    capture an exact error message/number so that i can figure out what's going
    on ?

    Here is the code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Tony

    System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

    Dim ws As New ExportXata.Export
    Dim XataTruckData As DataSet
    Dim month As Integer
    Dim year As Integer
    Dim organizationID As Integer
    Dim truckname As String
    Dim LogonRet As Boolean

    Try
    LogonRet = ws.Logon
    Catch
    Label1.Text = "Logon failed."
    Exit Sub
    End Try

    Try
    XataTruckData = ws.GetMonthlyMileageDataByOrgSystemID(month,
    year, organizationID, truckname)
    Catch
    Label1.Text = "Conversion failed."
    End Try