Accordion (Ajax Control Toolkit relelase 20820) problem after migration to .Net 3.5

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tomasz J, Aug 28, 2008.

  1. Tomasz J

    Tomasz J Guest

    Hello developers,

    After migrating my web project application (using the old model) to .Net
    Framework 3.5 and Ajax Control Toolkit release 20820 the Accordion control
    no longer works correctly. In certain cases (only) it renders but is dead -
    does not initialize. Before the migration it worked, no changes have been
    made.

    Here is the complete scenario description:

    1. There are two nested master pages, ScriptManager is defined within the
    grand master page, no ScriptManagerProxy.
    2. There are two content pages using Accordion control. Accordion control
    works fine on whatever page opens first when the application starts (tested
    with both pages), but does not work when I navigate to the other page.
    3. The page where it does not work is missing Accordion initialization
    script:
    Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(AjaxControlToolkit.AccordionBehavior
    4. All the control html tags render correctly, so the Accordion shows up but
    is dead - panes cannot be expanded/collapsed.
    5. All the other Ajax Toolkit Controls on this content page render and
    initialize. Only the Accordion control does not.

    It seems that ScriptManager thinks this script is already rendered. It can
    also be some kind of caching problem. I am clueless.

    Thanks,
    Tomasz

    Tomasz J, Aug 28, 2008

  2. Hi Tomasz,

    From your description the Accordion initialization script is not rendered
    in a nested master page scenario, correct? Is there a ScriptManagerProxy
    put in the content page where the Accordion resides?

    Could you send a demo project to me that can reproduce this problem? My
    email is . I'll try to repro it on my side to see
    what the root cause of this behavior is.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    ications.

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Aug 29, 2008

  3. Tomasz J

    Tomasz J Guest

    Hi Chen,
    I sent the repro vie the email.
    TJ

    Tomasz J, Aug 29, 2008
  4. Hi Tomasz,

    Thanks for your project. I'm now investigating this issue. In the mean time
    you're appreciated to send me a concise demo that can repro this problem. I
    think it can help to speed up my troubleshooting progress.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    --------------------

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Sep 2, 2008
  5. Tomasz J

    Tomasz J Guest

    Hi Allen,
    I sent more concise demo via email.
    TJ

    Tomasz J, Sep 2, 2008
  6. Hi Tomasz,

    Thanks for your project. I found the problem will happen if the output
    cache in the UserControl is applied and your ImageLink control is added in
    it. To work it around I suggest you remove the output cache in this
    UserControl.

    I agree that it's indeed a strange behavior. I suggest you submit a
    feedback on our connect
    (http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback). Our development team
    engineer can get noticed of such issue and other community members can also
    vote on the same issue. I have sent you a concise demo project that can
    reproduce this problem.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    --------------------
    | From: "Tomasz J" <>
    | Subject: Re: Accordion (Ajax Control Toolkit relelase 20820) problem
    after migration to .Net 3.5
    | Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 15:28:46 +0200
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    |
    | Hi Allen,
    | I sent more concise demo via email.
    | TJ
    |
    | "Allen Chen [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    | > Hi Tomasz,
    | >
    | > Thanks for your project. I'm now investigating this issue. In the mean
    | > time
    | > you're appreciated to send me a concise demo that can repro this
    problem.
    | > think it can help to speed up my troubleshooting progress.
    | >
    | > Regards,
    | > Allen Chen
    | > Microsoft Online Support
    | >
    | > --------------------
    | > | From: "Tomasz J" <>
    | > | Subject: Re: Accordion (Ajax Control Toolkit relelase 20820) problem
    | > after migration to .Net 3.5
    | > | Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:42:59 +0200
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > |
    | > | Hi Chen,
    | > | I sent the repro vie the email.
    | > | TJ
    | > |

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Sep 5, 2008
  7. Tomasz J

    Tomasz J Guest

    Hi Allen,
    Thanks for your help. There are many more instances of my ImageLink control
    on those pages, so I am not sure why removing one of them makes a
    difference. Anyway, I will do as you suggested - report a bug.

    Tomasz J, Sep 5, 2008
  8. Tomasz J

    Tomasz J Guest

    Tomasz J, Sep 8, 2008
  9. Tomasz J

    Tomasz J Guest

    For the record: I finally compiled the latest version of Ajax Toolkit
    Framework under .Net Framework 2.0 and changed website configuration so it
    uses .Net 2.0 - it solved the problem, so it seems the problem is with the
    ..Net framework 3.5, not the newest Ajax Control Toolkit 20820.
    TJ

    Tomasz J, Sep 16, 2008
  10. Tomasz J

    Jason Mah Guest

    Hi guys,

    I have problem with Accordion too.
    I tried to create an accordion control with new website following the
    example provided by the link below:
    http://programming.top54u.com/post/AJAX-Toolkit-Accordion-Control-Extend
    er.aspx
    It works!
    However, when i tried to port it over to my company's project.
    The Accordion become unextendable and uncollapsible.
    My company's project is run on .Net framework 2.0 and run on Visual
    Source Safe. I am still new to .Net.
    Really need your help.
    Thanks!

    Regards,