Accordion (Ajax Control Toolkit relelase 20820) problem after migration to .Net 3.5

Tomasz J

Hello developers,

After migrating my web project application (using the old model) to .Net
Framework 3.5 and Ajax Control Toolkit release 20820 the Accordion control
no longer works correctly. In certain cases (only) it renders but is dead -
does not initialize. Before the migration it worked, no changes have been
made.

Here is the complete scenario description:

1. There are two nested master pages, ScriptManager is defined within the
grand master page, no ScriptManagerProxy.
2. There are two content pages using Accordion control. Accordion control
works fine on whatever page opens first when the application starts (tested
with both pages), but does not work when I navigate to the other page.
3. The page where it does not work is missing Accordion initialization
script:
Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
$create(AjaxControlToolkit.AccordionBehavior
4. All the control html tags render correctly, so the Accordion shows up but
is dead - panes cannot be expanded/collapsed.
5. All the other Ajax Toolkit Controls on this content page render and
initialize. Only the Accordion control does not.

It seems that ScriptManager thinks this script is already rendered. It can
also be some kind of caching problem. I am clueless.

Thanks,
Tomasz

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Tomasz,

From your description the Accordion initialization script is not rendered
in a nested master page scenario, correct? Is there a ScriptManagerProxy
put in the content page where the Accordion resides?

Could you send a demo project to me that can reproduce this problem? My
email is (e-mail address removed). I'll try to repro it on my side to see
what the root cause of this behavior is.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

--------------------
| From: "Tomasz J" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Accordion (Ajax Control Toolkit relelase 20820) problem after
migration to .Net 3.5
| Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:01:42 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hello developers,
|
| After migrating my web project application (using the old model) to .Net
| Framework 3.5 and Ajax Control Toolkit release 20820 the Accordion
control
| no longer works correctly. In certain cases (only) it renders but is dead
-
| does not initialize. Before the migration it worked, no changes have been
| made.
|
| Here is the complete scenario description:
|
| 1. There are two nested master pages, ScriptManager is defined within the
| grand master page, no ScriptManagerProxy.
| 2. There are two content pages using Accordion control. Accordion control
| works fine on whatever page opens first when the application starts
(tested
| with both pages), but does not work when I navigate to the other page.
| 3. The page where it does not work is missing Accordion initialization
| script:
| Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
| $create(AjaxControlToolkit.AccordionBehavior
| 4. All the control html tags render correctly, so the Accordion shows up
but
| is dead - panes cannot be expanded/collapsed.
| 5. All the other Ajax Toolkit Controls on this content page render and
| initialize. Only the Accordion control does not.
|
| It seems that ScriptManager thinks this script is already rendered. It
can
| also be some kind of caching problem. I am clueless.
|
| Thanks,
| Tomasz

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for your project. I'm now investigating this issue. In the mean time
you're appreciated to send me a concise demo that can repro this problem. I
think it can help to speed up my troubleshooting progress.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: "Tomasz J" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Accordion (Ajax Control Toolkit relelase 20820) problem
after migration to .Net 3.5
| Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:42:59 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Chen,
| I sent the repro vie the email.
| TJ

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for your project. I found the problem will happen if the output
cache in the UserControl is applied and your ImageLink control is added in
it. To work it around I suggest you remove the output cache in this
UserControl.

I agree that it's indeed a strange behavior. I suggest you submit a
feedback on our connect
(http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback). Our development team
engineer can get noticed of such issue and other community members can also
vote on the same issue. I have sent you a concise demo project that can
reproduce this problem.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

--------------------
| From: "Tomasz J" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Accordion (Ajax Control Toolkit relelase 20820) problem
after migration to .Net 3.5
| Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 15:28:46 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Allen,
| I sent more concise demo via email.
| TJ
|
| | > Hi Tomasz,
| >
| > Thanks for your project. I'm now investigating this issue. In the mean
| > time
| > you're appreciated to send me a concise demo that can repro this
problem.
| > think it can help to speed up my troubleshooting progress.
| >
| > Regards,
| > Allen Chen
| > Microsoft Online Support
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Tomasz J" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Re: Accordion (Ajax Control Toolkit relelase 20820) problem
| > after migration to .Net 3.5
| > | Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:42:59 +0200
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > |
| > | Hi Chen,
| > | I sent the repro vie the email.
| > | TJ
| > |

Tomasz J

Hi Allen,
Thanks for your help. There are many more instances of my ImageLink control
on those pages, so I am not sure why removing one of them makes a
difference. Anyway, I will do as you suggested - report a bug.

Tomasz J

For the record: I finally compiled the latest version of Ajax Toolkit
Framework under .Net Framework 2.0 and changed website configuration so it
uses .Net 2.0 - it solved the problem, so it seems the problem is with the
..Net framework 3.5, not the newest Ajax Control Toolkit 20820.
TJ

Jason Mah

Hi guys,

I have problem with Accordion too.
I tried to create an accordion control with new website following the
example provided by the link below:
http://programming.top54u.com/post/AJAX-Toolkit-Accordion-Control-Extend
er.aspx
It works!
However, when i tried to port it over to my company's project.
The Accordion become unextendable and uncollapsible.
My company's project is run on .Net framework 2.0 and run on Visual
Source Safe. I am still new to .Net.
Really need your help.
Thanks!

Regards,