aceept() ?

nobody

I'm modding an open source app that uses accept(). It's not declared
anywhere and don't know what library it's in. Tried searching Google but
to no avail? Anyone know off the top of their head?

Mark A. Odell

I'm modding an open source app that uses accept(). It's not declared
anywhere and don't know what library it's in. Tried searching Google but
to no avail? Anyone know off the top of their head?

It's not part of C that's why you can't find it. Accept() is normally used
in socket programming. I suspect comp.unix.programmer or some socket
programming newsgroup could help you with this.

Alan Balmer

I'm modding an open source app that uses accept(). It's not declared
anywhere and don't know what library it's in. Tried searching Google but
to no avail? Anyone know off the top of their head?

Yes, but it's off-topic here. Try a Unix newsgroup or
comp.programming.

Please don't be insulted if I suggest that if you don't know how to
use accept(), you probably aren't ready to start modifying programs
which use it. (I assume that's what you meant by "modding.")

CBFalconer

nobody said:
I'm modding an open source app that uses accept(). It's not
declared anywhere and don't know what library it's in. Tried
searching Google but to no avail? Anyone know off the top of
their head?

It is non-standard, so no answer is worth anything. You need to
figure out what it does and write a suitable substitute. You now
have some appreciation for why we insist on discussing only
standard, portable, C here.

nobody

And maybe you could choose another name when posting here.
So there won't be confusion about "who's talking". You
wouldn't want to be attributed with imperfect knowledge of mine,
would you?

Tristan Miller

Greetings.

And maybe you could choose another name when posting here.
So there won't be confusion about "who's talking".

Or maybe you could choose a less generic handle in anticipation of such
confusion...