    I'm modding an open source app that uses accept(). It's not declared
    anywhere and don't know what library it's in. Tried searching Google but
    to no avail? Anyone know off the top of their head?

    nobody, Dec 5, 2003

  2. nobody <> wrote in
    news:p:

    > I'm modding an open source app that uses accept(). It's not declared
    > anywhere and don't know what library it's in. Tried searching Google but
    > to no avail? Anyone know off the top of their head?

    It's not part of C that's why you can't find it. Accept() is normally used
    in socket programming. I suspect comp.unix.programmer or some socket
    programming newsgroup could help you with this.

    --
    - Mark ->

    Mark A. Odell, Dec 5, 2003

  3. nobody

    Alan Balmer Guest

    On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 03:45:00 +1030, nobody <> wrote:

    >I'm modding an open source app that uses accept(). It's not declared
    >anywhere and don't know what library it's in. Tried searching Google but
    >to no avail? Anyone know off the top of their head?

    Yes, but it's off-topic here. Try a Unix newsgroup or
    comp.programming.

    Please don't be insulted if I suggest that if you don't know how to
    use accept(), you probably aren't ready to start modifying programs
    which use it. (I assume that's what you meant by "modding.")

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting

    Alan Balmer, Dec 5, 2003
  4. nobody

    CBFalconer Guest

    nobody wrote:

    > I'm modding an open source app that uses accept(). It's not
    > declared anywhere and don't know what library it's in. Tried
    > searching Google but to no avail? Anyone know off the top of
    > their head?

    It is non-standard, so no answer is worth anything. You need to
    figure out what it does and write a suitable substitute. You now
    have some appreciation for why we insist on discussing only
    standard, portable, C here.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Dec 5, 2003
  5. nobody

    nobody Guest

    "nobody" <> wrote in message

    And maybe you could choose another name when posting here.
    So there won't be confusion about "who's talking". You
    wouldn't want to be attributed with imperfect knowledge of mine,
    would you?

    nobody, Dec 6, 2003
  6. Greetings.

    In article <n%bAb.18460
    $>, nobody wrote:
    > "nobody" <> wrote in message
    >
    > And maybe you could choose another name when posting here.
    > So there won't be confusion about "who's talking".

    Or maybe you could choose a less generic handle in anticipation of such
    confusion...

    --
    _

    Tristan Miller, Dec 6, 2003