Acessing dedicated IP in a Windows 2003 web farm through asp 3.0

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rohit, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Rohit

    Rohit Guest

    Hi

    I've got a web site running on a Windows 2003 server (Web edition)
    cluster i.e. web farm. The cluster is accessed through a virtual IP
    (say a.a.a.a).

    Through an asp page (asp 3.0) i need to access the dedicated IP of the
    server where the request is processed.

    I tried using Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR"), but this returns
    the virtual IP i.e. a.a.a.a and not the dedicated server IP.

    Is there a way i can get the dedicated IP of the server. The user
    IUSR_<machinename> has permissions only to read, write and execute
    scripts.

    Need help !

    Rohit

    Rohit, Nov 21, 2003