Acessing ISA adminstration objects using ASP.Net

sandy

Hi,
I am trying to make a series of forms to configure an ISA server using
ASP.net
but when i try to access ISA objects from ASP.NET, i get a permission
denied error
I have removed anonymous access and also tried the impersonate user
but its not working
In the ISA sdk documentation there was clearly mentioned that it
could be configured usin ASP all u had to do was remove the anonymous
access
i am using win 2000 server sp5
and ISA server 2000
and Dot net framework v1.1

i got the following error
Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is
denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request
identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically
{MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if
the application is not impersonating. If the application is
impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be
the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated
request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in
Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add"
to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account,
and check the boxes for the desired access.

I have searched on the net but didn't get a solution
hope this helps
thanks
sandy

Scott Allen

I'll admit this is a bit of a guess, but I'm assuming ISA admin
objects are COM objects. You may need to put aspcompat="true" in the
@Page directive for the aspx page, because if the ISA admin objects
have an STA threading model (you could check in the registry),
impersonation will not work. The page request will process on an
impersonated thread and the COM objects will process on a different
thread with the ASPNET identity.

Let me know if you'd like some more information. The following article
provides a little bit:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q325791

HTH,

sandy