Acessing parent window from child on a Mac

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by John Holmes, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. John Holmes

    John Holmes Guest

    I know this probably isn't the right place to ask this question. If someone
    knows of a good place to get help for this problem please point me that way.

    I have an application that works fine with Windows clients that uses a child
    window to enter in search criteria and then returns to the parent window
    with the search results. It's a map based application using ESRI's ArcIMS
    product.

    The program isn't working with a Mac running IE. The function I'm using to
    return to the parent window is below:

    <script language='javascript'>

    <!--

    function gotoMap()

    {

    var objParent = window.opener;

    var strParcelID = document.frmParcel.txtParcelNumber.value;

    var strLocation = "/Gis/Applications/<%=AppName%>/asp/iMap.asp?Parcel=" +
    strParcelID;

    if (objParent) objParent.location = strLocation;

    objParent.focus();

    }

    //-->

    </script>
    John Holmes, Aug 19, 2003

  2. John Holmes

    MSFT Guest

    You may also post the message to microsoft.public.inetexplorer.mac.

    Luke

    "Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026?? If not Microsoft strongly advises
    you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
    Security Bulletin MS03-026
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp and/or to
    visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to install the
    patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help to
    insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."
    MSFT, Aug 20, 2003